Experience of a law firm means experience of a lawyer — in our case it is participation in several dozens of legal projects, primarily for the biggest Polish and foreign companies. Our mission, however, is opening up an access to the highest quality legal services and the international know-how to small and medium-sized enterprises, authors, artists, as well as non-governmental organizations.
We defend entrepreneurs in administrative, civil and criminal proceedings. We advise on business and tax law. We have helped numerous organizations to win a case in a common or administrative court, pass smoothly and safely through a tax audit as well as organize business in a safe manner and optimal as regards taxes. Some examples:
- International automotive company. Assistance in a dispute with the Tax Control Office: development of a defence strategy, gathering of favourable evidence, representation before tax authorities and administrative courts, advising on restructuring of the business activity in the course of a tax dispute, and indemnification against personal liability of members of the Management Board.
- Foreign investment fund. Assistance in the recovery of a multimillion overpayment of CIT: preparation of arguments justifying the ascertainment of an overpayment, preparation of pleadings, representation of the fund before tax authorities and administrative courts.
- Entrepreneurs harmed by VAT frauds. Defence of entrepreneurs with respect to whom the authorities questioned the settlement of tax on goods and services due to the transactions with persons who were involved in VAT frauds (IT, steel and food sectors), support in searching for evidence to demonstrate that they did not know, and having taken all reasonable care they could not have known that they were part of the so-called tax carousel, representation before tax authorities and administrative courts.
- Companies involved in a dispute with the Social Insurance Company (ZUS). Defence of pharmaceutical, tobacco and outsourcing companies in disputes with the Social Insurance Company relating to the legal qualification of contracts concluded with their contractors; the development of a line of defence, representation in inspections and audits and proceedings before the social security court.
- Media industry and a digital television operator. Supporting a digital television operator in negotiating licensing agreements with the organizations of collective management of copyright or related rights. Representation of entrepreneurs from the media industry in civil, criminal and administrative proceedings relating to the protection of intellectual property rights.
- Distributor of household appliances. Assistance for an international distribution company harmed by a theft of the company’s secret; seeking the rights of the injured company before the civil court, representation of interests in the criminal proceedings.
- Telecommunications operator. Assistance for a telecommunications company in the defence before the Tax Control Office which charged it with carrying out fictitious transactions and circumventing the tax law in order to understate tax liabilities.
- Trading company. Development of procedures to protect the Management Board of a major Polish trading company against criminal-fiscal liability for the understatement of tax liabilities; assistance in implementing the procedures.
- Polish financial group. Advisory on protection against unfair competition on the insurance services market.